An Overview of PETG Filament
PETG is a Glycol Modified version of Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET). It is a semi-rigid material with good impact resistance, but it has a slightly softer surface which makes it prone to wear.
There are several variations of this material in the market including PETG, PETE, and PETT. The tips in this article will apply to all of these PET-based filaments.
- Glossy and smooth surface finish
- Adheres well to the bed with negligible warping
- Mostly odorless while printing
- Poor bridging characteristics
- Can produce thin hairs on the surface from stringing
Typical Hardware Requirements
Temperature: 75-90 °C
Heated Bed Recommended
Enclosure Not Required
Temperature: 230-250 °C
No special hot-end required
Cooling Fan Required